21st Century Cosmodemonic

A jandal from the inside

Name:

I am the lackey. I get by.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Lesson: Philosophy

I've made it through most of today already. Turns out I can work on these projects from time to time. You've just got to get your panic on.

There's a school of thought, I think derived from some ancient Greek, could be Aristotle, could be Nana Mouskouri, that's designed specifically to avoid nasty incidents like this - the idea is to avoid being judged wanting on false impressions.

We all know that feeling, and it sucks. You go to say something and it comes out wrong and a whole group of friends will never be sure that you don't actually like blow goats. Of course you tell them that you meant to say "I go bloats" but your explanation of a spooneristic mishap while explaining a tendency for sympathy PMT can never be entirely convincing once the initial impression is formed.

Someone walks in on you lieing on your scanner, of course they assume you were having sex with a website. You tell them you were scanning your belly button to check for lint, but will they listen? Oh hell no.

So, here's the trick: if you're going to make a bad impression, make sure you are guilty. Blow that goat. Screw that website. If you get away with it great. If you get found out, at least you can hold your head up high and say "That's right! I did that and I'm proud of it." You're not going to make no stinking excuses or alibis, no sir. No need. You're guilty as sin.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u like to blow goats? im not surprised. in the least! good to see ur blogging tho, mayb u like to blog goats?

10:05 am  
Blogger Lackey said...

I don't like to, I simply do it so I can't be mistaken for someone who blows goats. There's a difference you know.

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it would seem...

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home