21st Century Cosmodemonic

A jandal from the inside

Name:

I am the lackey. I get by.

Friday, December 16, 2005

The Lackey is Sick

Or so he's been told. Rather rude I thought, but the power of suggestion duly delivered a slightly sore throat. Being a man, this is self-diagnosed as severe influenza, possibly bird-flu. The Cute Nurse is not in today, which makes me think neither should I be. I hung up when Nurse Battleaxe answered the phone, and sat silently trembling for five minutes, recovering from the less than dulcet strains, like chainsaws scraping down a blackboard.

So obviously, I have to lie on the sign out sheet and run away. I'll be cruising the streets of red light areas, looking for a hooker I can afford to pay to rest my head in her lap and whisper soothing, healing words to me. That always works a treat. Then I'll get drunk and hopefully tomorrow I won't be able to remember I was sick.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you still sick lackey? havnt heard from you in a while...hope those sweet nothings soothed the pain...much like aloe to your sunburn...

11:34 am  
Blogger Lackey said...

Of course I'm still sick!

Do you think I'd take such a a leave of absence from jandalising the interwebs just because I'm lazy?! Just because I feel like it!? Just because I'm too damn busy living the high life, floating in a sea of capsicum and snow peas and all things nice?

Of course not!! I'm sick, I tell you! Sick!

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home